Stupid Q about Win16 icon size
Harry Potter
2018-09-11 13:54:04 UTC
Sorry for the stupid question, but what is the default icon size on Windows 3.1? 32x32? I just created a 16x16x16-color icon, and it looks too small. :(
R.Wieser
2018-09-11 14:51:23 UTC
Harry,
Post by Harry Potter
Sorry for the stupid question, but what is the default icon size
on Windows 3.1? 32x32?
As far as I know, both. The "explorer" (the filebrowser) will use 16x16
in "list" mode, but use 32x32 in "icon" mode.

Also, the desktop will use 32x32.

But it should not matter which icon size you are providing. If it needs a
small icon but you only provide big ones (or vise verse) it will just resize
it.
Post by Harry Potter
and it looks too small. :(
You could see if Win 3.1 has a "use 'big icons' " setting.

Harry Potter
2018-09-11 15:46:57 UTC
Thanks! :)